Edmond C. Carlin is one of the forward-looking representatives of farm enterprise in Pulaski Township, where his well improved farm gives distinctive evidence of his progressive policies and efficient management. This attractive rural homestead comprises sixty acres, and Mr. Carlin also owns about forty additional acres of land, the latter being attractively situated three and one-fourth miles northeast of Bryan.
Mr. Carlin was born in Fulton County, this state, August 8, 1876, and is a son of Lewis and Julia (Roberts) Carlin, both of whom were born and reared in France, where their marriage was solemnized and where their first two children were born. Upon coming to the United States the parents finally established their home on a farm in Fulton County, Ohio, not far distant from Stryker, one of the leading towns of Williams County. Though the father had been a locomotive engineer in his native land, he proved a successful farmer and he continued to reside on his well improved farm of ninety-two acres until his death, in March, 1919, his widow still remaining on the old homestead at the time of this writing. They became the parents of five children: Julia is the wife of Curtis Bonney; Lewis, Jr., resides in Springfield Township; Emma is the wife of Dr. Frederick A. King, of New York City; Edmond C, of this review, was the next in order of birth; and Emil remains on the home farm with his widowed mother.
Edmond C. Carlin was reared on the home farm which was the place of his birth, in Springfield Township, Fulton County, and gained his early education in the public schools. He continued to be associated with the activities of the home farm until he reached his legal majority, and he then went to New York City, where he became associated with the hotel business, with which he continued his connection five years. He traveled about somewhat extensively through the eastern states, but finally he returned to Ohio, where was solemnized his marriage to Miss Bertie Lockhart. They settled on a farm south of Bryan, but later he sold this place and purchased his present farm, which has since continued the scene of his successful enterprise in diversified agriculture and the raising of good types of livestock. He gives loyal support to the cause of the republican party and he and his wife are earnest communicants of the Lutheran Church. They have six children, whose names and respective dates of birth are here recorded: Harvey, February 28, 1892; Naomi, November 2, 1893; Oscar, July 30, 1895; Dale, May 10. 1897; Lamoille, July 31, 1899; and Earl, May 7, 1918.
Source: Bowersox, Charles A. ed. A standard history of Williams County, Ohio: an authentic narrative of the past, with particular attention to the modern era in the commercial, industrial, educational, civic and social development , Vol. 2. Publisher Chicago: Lewis Pub. Co. 1920.